These roasted summer vegetables are perfect for a family dinner and the lemon Tahini dressing adds a fun Middle Eastern flare.
So my babies went back to school today! They are both attending the same school for one year (high school) and then my son Jake flies the coop and heads to college. It was so fun watching them leave for school together. Jake is driving Eva and her “bestie”. My goodness where did all the time go? They seem so adult!
Although the kiddos are back to school, it is still summer and abundant seasonal veggies are available at the grocery store and farmer’s market. These roasted summer vegetables are actually cooked on the grill. I can’t quite bare to put my oven on, so your grill is the perfect place to roast this mélange of summer. Toss them in a baking pan with olive oil and throw it on the grill. So easy!
I wanted to add a little extra flavor with a Tahini dressing. This dressing, which I adapted from Bon Appetit, has a tart and smoky flavor that compliments the roasted vegetables perfectly. Plus, it adds a little low fat protein to the equation.
Roasted Summer Vegetables with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium yellow patty pan squash, cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut in half inch pieces
- 5 medium radishes, cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh mint for garnish if desired
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium baking pan toss vegetables with olive oil and salt. Place on grill and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables are roasting, add Tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, paprika and salt to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle Tahini dressing over vegetables and serve on the side for extra. Garnish with mint if desired.
Feed Me Phoebe: Hot Crab Dip with Jalapenos and Scallions
The Heritage Cook: Four Sauces Designed for Grilled Foods (Gluten-Free)
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Grilled Brined Chicken with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Dishing with Divya: Baked Vegetable Sacks
Virtually Homemade: Roasted Summer Vegetables with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Weelicious: Heirloom Tomato Salad
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Peach and Blueberry Baked Fruit Pizza
Devour: Cooking Channel's Ultimate Labor Day Party Menu
Dishin & Dishes: Grilled Chicken with Board Sauce
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Heirloom Tomatoes and Two Rice Salad
Domesticate Me: 10 Fabulous Summer Recipes for Labor Day
Taste With The Eyes: "End of Summer Rolls" Caprese-Style
FN Dish: Day-Off Desserts for Labor Day