I am sure many of you are busy planning your Thanksgiving dinner, so I thought I’d give you a hand. This prosciutto wrapped asparagus is unbelievably delicious and simple to make. My additional secret ingredients are goat cheese and a touch of garlic. The combination of creamy goat cheese, crispy prosciutto and crunchy asparagus will knock your socks off!
I can’t even explain how easy and fast this is to make and it’s so fun for your guests to grab a bundle or two for their plates. I would say total prep time is a maximum of 10 minutes and bake time is 5 to 7 minutes and there are 4 ingredients! Plus, they make a visual and palate pleasing pop.
I prepared these on a Sunday afternoon hoping to have them for dinner, but they ended up being a late afternoon snack for the fams. They are that irresistible and will be a fantastic addition to any Thanksgiving dinner.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Goat Cheese
Liz Hughes-Virtually Homemade
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - 5 to 7 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (Chavrie works perfectly)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- 24 asparagus spears (about one bunch), ends trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine goat cheese with garlic and stir until smooth.
- Spread each slice of prosciutto with some of the cheese mixture and roll around three asparagus spears on the diagonal. Continue with the rest of the asparagus spears. Arrange on a baking sheet and lightly brush the tops and bottom of spears with olive oil.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes; until asparagus is crisp tender an prosciutto is lightly browned. Serve warm.