His high school hosts a farmer’s market every Thursday afternoon, so the kids simply migrate over after school and munch on fresh baked baguettes, macaroons, tamales, samosas, etc.. Everything is reasonably priced, fresh, exotic and delicious. They are very lucky students.
One Thursday I picked him up, and he entered the car with a fistful of red licorice dipped in white chocolate. He praised the flavor combination as amazing and suggested I make them for my blog. Brilliant (thanks Jake)! And, what a perfect color combination for the holiday season. Anyway, who can resist a soft, crimson, tube of confection with swirling ridges and a sweet fruity smell. I don’t even know many adults who can deny themselves Red Vines, especially when they are plentifully packed in that fun plastic tub.
Licorice Wands - White Chocolate Covered Licorice
- 1 16 ounce bag Red Vines, Original Red Twists
- 1 10 ounce container Wilton White Candy Dips
- Colored Christmas Sprinkles
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt white candy melts according to directions (if you would like to use plain white chocolate melt pieces in a double boiler or in 30 second intervals in your microwave). Dip licorice as far as possible, let any extra chocolate drip off and lay on parchment. Immediately cover in sprinkles.
- Chocolate should harden within an hour.