Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 slices whole grain bread (or gluten free - I like Rudy's)
- 4 slices medium cheddar cheese (pre-sliced)
- 1 pear cleaned, cored and sliced into 1/4" slices lengthwise
- 2 cups baby Arugula (I prefer pre-cleaned, in bag)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
- Lay out 4 pieces of whole grain bread on a medium sheet pan. Spread two slices of bread with mustard to taste. Top each piece with one slice of cheese. Evenly layer pear slices on two pieces of bread with cheese. Take arugula and evenly divide between two slices of bread with pear. Take piece of bread with cheese only and place on top of arugula.
- Lightly brush each side of sandwich with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat panini maker or pan to medium high. For panini maker, press down top onto sandwiches and cook for 4-5 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. For pan, cook sandwich for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
More Grilled Cheese recipes:
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Grilled Cheese With Kale Artichoke Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Cooking With Elise: Inside-Out Grilled Cheese With Bacon
Red or Green?: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Red or Green-Style
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Weelicious: Kentucky Hot Brown Panini
Virtually Homemade: Grilled Cheddar, Apple and Arugula Sandwich
The Sensitive Epicure: Individual Goat Cheese Mac & Cheese (Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free)
Devour: Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese
Thursday Night Dinner: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
The Heritage Cook: Open Faced Grilled Halloumi Sandwiches
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Muhammara Grilled Cheese
Daily*Dishin: Grilled Jarlsberg and Black Forest Ham With a Surprise
FN Dish: Grilled Cheese Goes Beyond Cheese