Coffee Cake Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Pecans
Yields 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (one stick), room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (one stick), chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- First mix brown sugar, flour, and salt for crumble topping in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter, sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. With mixer on low beat in flour mixture.
- Divide half the batter among prepared muffin cups. Top with half the crumble topping. Top with remaining batter and then rest of crumble.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar.
Adapted from Martha Stewart recipe