Shortbread Chocolate Mint Candy Bars
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 to 32 bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups assorted chocolate and mint chopped candy bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy - about 3 minutes. With mixer on low, add flour in three additions and beat until combined. Your dough will be crumbly. Press dough evenly into an 8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove shortbread from oven and evenly scatter chocolate chips on top of shortbread. return to oven for 1 minute so that the chocolate chips begin to melt. With the back of a spoon or knife spread chocolate over shortbread. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Spread candy over top of chocolate. Let cool for an additional 20 minutes and put in refrigerator until chocolate sets Cut into 2" or 1" bars.