Yes! Another muffin recipe. I just can't help myself. I am a muffin girl. They are definitely my number one pick for breakfast. Their cakey goodness is just so sweetly satisfying. However, these gluten free muffins are special. They are actually a cross between a blueberry pancake and a muffin. Since pancakes and muffins are a no no for us gluten free people, this creation is extra special.
The blueberry pancake muffins have a little less sweetening. They are purposefully made this way (just like pancakes) so you can drizzle a little extra maple syrup over the top. I highly recommend serving them warm with the maple syrup. Using your fingers to pick up and bite into a thick but light and fluffy pancake is so fun. Just keep a napkin nearby for sticky fingers! The muffins would also be a great addition to your Easter brunch - enjoy.
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancake Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I prefer Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 with Xanthum Gum)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl blend the gf flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt and baking soda. Stir well. Add maple syrup and butter to yogurt mixture and blend well.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups and top with blueberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes until muffins are golden and firm. Let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Serve warm with extra syrup for drizzling if desired.