I can't believe I've never made Jalapeno Poppers before. Maybe I found the whole battered and deep fried thing intimidating. Here's the good news - they can be baked without all that greasy stuff and still be sinfully good, borderline addictive.
The fun part is, you can stuff these puppies with anything! However, I do recommend cream cheese as your main ingredient. A favorite food combo in my family is goat cheese and prosciutto. So I slapped them in there. Add a little cilantro, lime juice and Mexican cheese blend and your done. Salty, spicy and creamy, oh my!
Baked Jalapeno Poppers with Spicy Prosciutto
- 8 jalapenos halved lengthwise, seeded and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup green onion, copped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced and diced
- kosher salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an food processor place cheeses, green onions, cilantro and lime juice. Pulse until blended.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in prosciutto and salt if needed.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay out jalapeno halves.
- Spoon cheese mixture into jalapenos. Don't overload, or jalapenos will tip.
- Bake for 15 minutes and place uner broiler for 2 minutes for a browned top.