There was only one box left and I snapped it up. So here was the plan; add some fresh raspberries and chocolate chunks, then top with a hazelnut crunch crumble. So this past Saturday the plan was put into action. They were superb, yummy, crazy good and all eaten in one day! I even broke my gluten free diet to taste these berry chocolate muffins (so worth it).
The fresh raspberries boosted the fruity flavor and the sweet chocolate created a wonderful contrast to their tartness. The hazelnut crumble was off the charts. I used my usual crumble recipe but added a cup of hazelnuts ground coarse in the food processor.
These would be a perfect breakfast for Christmas morning. The chocolate chunks make them extra special and using a mix makes them an incredibly easy recipe to prepare; the key to a wonderful holiday.
Easy Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins with Hazelnut Crunch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
- 1 box Jiffy Raspberry Muffin Mix
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 (1 ounce) squares Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, lightly pounded into small chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, ground coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Stir in raspberries and chocolate. Let sit.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumble, until butter is fully incorporated.
- Pour muffin batter into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle generously with topping. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and the tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.