Frozen Blackberry Lime Mint Julep
It’s 5 o’clock on Friday – the perfect time to test some yummy Mother’s Day cocktail recipes. I’m going to keep this one short, since I have a beautiful violet hued cold blackberry lime mint julep to sip.
Seventeen years later, I have spent the better part of this year helping Jake find the perfect college to attend. He’ll be entering his senior year of high school next year and my daughter Eva will be starting 9th grade. One year left for my children to attend the same school and one year left to have both of my children living at home full time. This Mother's Day is bittersweet and reflective.
Being a Mom has been my most favorite endeavor yet. Watching my children grow into beautiful young adults brings me joy beyond belief. The hard work has paid off and I feel like my husband and I are contributing two spectacular people to our society.
So to celebrate being a Mom you should definitely sip on this Frozen Blackberry Lime Mint Julep this Sunday. It’s just like a Mom; sweet, sassy and strong. Enjoy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 small container blackberries (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Fresh mint and lime wedge for garnish
- Puree blackberries, sugar and mint in a blender.
- Pour blackberry mixture through a fine sieve and press on solids. Discard seeds. Rinse blender and add blackberry puree, lime juice, bourbon and ice. Blend until smooth and frosty. Garnish with lime wedge and mint.