This dessert is truly the ultimate in summer sweetness. Bursting blueberries and ripe peaches baked to perfection with a crunchy crumble topping and a hint of nutmeg, is perfect served warm with a dollop of whipped cream.
Summer is winding down and this blueberry peach crisp is a perfect way to conclude these beautiful long warm days. The oatmeal crisp, topping the fruit, is so delicious you would never guess that it’s gluten free. Wholesome GF oatmeal and GF oat flour perfectly combine with brown sugar and butter to create a cookie like topping.
Gluten Free Blueberry Peach Crisp
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 medium peaches, sliced in 1/2" pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8" by 8" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl mix blueberries, peaches, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice. Pour fruit into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl mix oats, oat flour, brown sugar and nutmeg. Mix in butter with a pastry cutter or fingers to create a crumbly mixture. Spread the oat mixture over the fruit evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, until fruit is bubbling and topping is lightly browned. Serve warm or room temperature.